I have an exciting new sewing tutorial for you! It’s a free sewing pattern for a reversible shift dress – or LBD (little boxy dress), as I like to call it.
Oh, and also, I’d just like to take this opportunity to wish you a very happy new year and thank you for still reading my blog!
The dress can be worn two ways; as a pleated crewneck…
…or a simple v-neck.
You will need
- Paper for drafting the sewing pattern
- Muslin to test the pattern
- Bias tape (0.5″ or 1.25mm wide) to test the pattern
- Final fabric*
- Matching bias tape (0.5″ or 1.25mm wide) for final dress
* I used a light to medium weight polyester suiting fabric.
You can make your own bias tape, especially for the test version of the dress. For the final garment, I used a ready-made black bias tape to match my final dress fabric.
The sewing pattern
This is a boxy dress, so it’s not a difficult pattern to draft yourself. My instructions include how I arrived at my measurements, so hopefully you can try what I did and create the perfect sewing pattern for you.
Try making this dress for yourself, in my FREE online sewing workshop:
Join the FREE Little Boxy Dress Sewing Workshop
Over 1200 women have now joined the free sewing workshop to make this Little Boxy Dress. Make yourself a Boxy Dress today!
When you sign up, you'll get:
- 6 step-by-step videos to help you sew your dress
- Tutorial videos to show you how to measure your body and draft your own unique sewing pattern
- A sample PDF sewing pattern in size 4
- Invitation to join a community of 2000+ like-minded women who will support you
- Motivation from me to get you to the end of the sewing project. You can DO this!
How to wear
This LBD is really versatile, so you can change its look by adding a belt or a statement necklace.
It's winter, so I've been wearing the dress with layers, like a shirt underneath or a cropped sweater on top.
Ready to get our of your sewing rut?
Join us today for the FREE Little Boxy Dress sewing workshop!